Proform's HEI distributors have a variety of improvements over stock HEI distributors, such as a 50,000 V coil, a premium hi-dielectric cap with brass terminals, both upper and lower bushings for added durability, a low-saturation ignition module, and no voltage-reducing ballast resistors. These units offer calibrated advance curves that are optimized for maximum combustion efficiency, and the elimination of detonation damage and throttle ping. The distributors offer longer-term durability and a higher voltage spark that permits a bigger spark plug gap, resulting in more power and reduced plug fouling. By eliminating the stock AMC ballast resistor, you'll get more ignition voltage, resulting in an improved spark. Another advantage to switching to HEI is access to easily-found HEI replacement parts. They're easy to install by connecting one 12 V hot wire to the distributor, making them a quick performance upgrade.
- Fits 1972-1983 Wagoneer
- Fits 1984-1991 Grand Wagoneer
- Fits 1974-1983 Cherokee
- Fits 1972-1988 J-trucks
- Models All with AMC V8 Engines
- PREMIUM, hi-dielectric cap with brass terminals
- NEW Coil-to-cap grommet ("HEI bushing") and NEW contact
- Dust Cap for coil
- SUPERIOR "no arc" rotor to reduce crossfire
- NEW ADJUSTABLE Vacuum advance unit
- HI-PERFORMANCE control module with advanced RELIABLE silicon technology
- HI-PERFORMANCE advance spring and weight set tailored for street and trail performance
- NEW Wiring harness and superior modern capacitor
- NEW gear installed
There are currently no reviews for this product. Pease write a review by clicking the button below.